Sunday, September 14, 2008

Beading Masks


With Halloween coming up CUBE Gallery http://www.thecubegallery.com/is currently seeking submissions for their first juried show of masks and hats. Since I am in that gallery already with my jewelry I have decided to try my hand at a beaded mask...no easy task. I am using free form peyote stitch so far. I will be using some gemstones and pearls as well but I have not decided which as of yet. The primary colors in the mask are going to be purple,gold and green and I am hoping it is going to be wearable as well as artistic.

It will be a 3/4 face mask coming down to the tip of the nose. perhaps if things go really well it will cover the entire face. I looked for some sort of book to guide me but could find nothing. I will also be making some hats, but this piece is the real challenge. I am hoping to have it done by the end of next week! Ideas, tips or suggestions?

No comments: