Thursday, November 13, 2008





I have been working on this free form peyote for a while now and think I have some pieces I really like. The newest one can be seen in the bracelet section. It took some tweaking and no two are alike but I believe I have come up with a template for the design I approve of. The center 49 strand professional wire and a clasp is attached to that, usually hand made by me in either sterling or 14K gold-filled wire with a gemstone or Swarovski twisted in. The rest is done with a variety of seed beads, gems, pearls and Swarovski crystals to add texture and make the piece truly a conversation piece. The result is a sturdy, beautiful piece of jewelry that will give pleasure for years to come. The thread I use is a nylon professional grade made for stringing gems and is very tough.

No comments: