Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fun with Ndebele

I am having a lot of fun with the Herringbone stitch, or Ndebele as it is sometimes referred to. Here are a couple of necklaces I have done so far. The "chain" part feels so good on the skin…very silky and the drape is fabulous! I do the embellishments the same way I do on my gemstone weaves so it is pretty quick once I get to that part. I don’t know how many of these I will make, mainly because they take so much time. I will just have to wait and see how well they sell. You can see these and more of my creations at Divella Delights
I am very excited about my order from Art Beads arriving soon; I just received an e-mail telling me it has shipped. They are sending me some Swarovski crystals to try out so you will be reading about them here as well as seeing some photos and design ideas. I have a few rambling around in my head now so I am anxious to get them!

I am also looking forward to working more with the Ndebele stitch. I figure I will get faster with more practice.

No comments: