Monday, April 14, 2008

Felted Accessories

Because I love artisans and I love Etsy I am doing a ittle diddy on different artisans I find on www.etsy.com where you can find just about everything you can imagine (and some things you could NEVER imagine). This sweet little felted hair accessory was done by Julie's Creation Nation and can be viewed and/or purchased at juliepersons.etsy.com. She makes a wide variety of felted objects including nursing dolls, hair accessories, tapestires and jewelry. This is no easy task either folks. It requires pain staking (at times literally) repeated poking thousands of times with a special barbed needle and wool. I love felted wool and make handbags and I am just begining to take this on and I can't tell you how many times I have stabbed myself! Julie does beautiful work, check out her shop!

No comments: