Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Knitted Slipper Pattern for Real Men

Have you made felted slippers for men?!


This was an exciting new adventure for me. I searched and searched, knitted and crocheted and could not find men’s slipper that was really a man’s size. I purchased many patterns and they were too narrow, not big enough so I finally came to the conclusion that I had to make up my own. I also figured out how to make a slipper for someone whose foot I do not have to measure.

After a little trial and error I finally came up with one!

These can be worn with the cuff up or down and think of the ways it can be embellished! You could needle felt a design on it, attach appliques, embroider, bead embroider, use school or favorite sports team colors. You could put soles on the bottom or use the traction trick I am using.

They only take an evening to knit up (each) and they are made all in one piece so no sewing together once you are finished!

These are knit with one strand but for a really thick pair you could use 2 strands. I can get nearly 3 slippers out of a 476-yard skein of yarn so they won’t break the bank either!

These are still wet so I can’t do anything yet.

The pattern and all the information about how to size them will be available soon! I have to work out the women’s size first.

My Knit Slippers for Real Men pattern will be available soon at Divella Delights!

No comments: