Monday, July 29, 2013

Felted Hats and Peyote Patterns


Vacation is over, now it is time to focus on some new Peyote Patterns and the hats for Fall/Winter 2013-2014 season!

I love this new pattern for felted hats and you can find it at Fiber Trends, although I must tell you that I had to do some alterations on the pattern to make it fit the adult size. My suggestion at the onset would be to use an 11 needle rather than the 10 ½ and do use the Lamb’s Pride. You might have to do some stretching even still. I like my felted hats felted tight so that you cannot see the stitches so I had to make some adjustments. If you are going to needle felt on it afterwards rather than using buttons/brooches you’ll need to adjust to make it a little larger so you can felt it down enough for the felting needles to go through without getting a lot of breakage.

I am in the process of designing some new Peyote Stitch Patterns so watch for those coming soon. Once I design the pattern I have to make the bracelet so it can be photographed and with each one taking between 6 and 8 hours it takes al little tine to get these on the website.

I had a wonderful reprieve and went to Boston for a bit to spend some time with my eldest daughter, a wonderful woman with a kind and living spirit. Prior to that I had the twins, now 10 for several days and there is no work when they are here! We did manage to make dream boards after watching the movie “The Secret”. I had no idea they were listening but they really picked up a lot.

While I was in Boston and the girls were at the Taylor Swift concert, my daughter and I watched the movie “Silver Linings”. My daughter and I both loved it…check it out if you have not seen it!

I had better get back to work. I have 2 hats drying now and am going to begin the first of the new Peyote Patterns.
Stop by Divella Delights to see all of my hat and jewelry designs!

Enjoy the day!

No comments: