Thursday, September 26, 2013

Odd Count Peyote Demystified

Odd Count Peyote Stitch can seem rather daunting and I have not seen many really clear instructions on how to do that first odd turn, which is row 3. I find photographs easier to read than those silly bead diagrams.
I was beginning my Autumn Chevron so I though I would take some photos of the process, I hope this helps someone out there!
When you are working in Peyote Stitch, you string on the first 2 rows and begin working on the third. As you can see I have string on 25 beads, an odd amount.

Work the next row as you would even count, stopping before you add the last 2 beads. Pick up the next bead in your design (red) and go through the last 2 beads coming out at the end of the row. (The green bead is just my stop bead and not part of the design).

Turn your work...Pick up your last bead (red) and skipping one bead, go through the next bead and the UP bead following it.


Now turn around again and go through the bead sitting next to the one you just came out of.

Go through your last 2 beads again.

Now go through your last bead added (red).

Now you are ready to begin your next row, which will be even count.

The next Blog post will show you a couple of ways to make the turns at the end of the following rows of  odd count. Questions? Shoot me an e-mail at info@divelladelights.com
Stop by Divella Delights and see the 5 new peyote patterns I have just added! Great buy at $4.oo each!!

No comments: