Wednesday, March 13, 2013


This is the beginning of the African Jade Bead Embroidered Bracelet. What I have done so far is just dye the Lacy’s Stiff Stuff and glue the African Jade Cabochon on with E6000.
 

You can use Rit Dye as I have although I do recommend using boiling water and soaking for a full minute. Remember that when you rinse with cold water after soaking, the color will be a little lighter. I would like to have more of a green but I am using what I have on hand.

Lacy’s is the best bead embroidery foundation I have found. You can bead right to the edge without any fray and it gives a stable foundation to bead on. You can also use Ultrasude…I prefer the “soft” to the “light” as it is a little stiffer but my #10 and #12 needles glide right through.

Now I am ready to begin the bead embroidery. I am trying to select beads from the thousands of beads I already have on hand and this is what I think I will use. As I am going along, I might add or subtract from this pile depending on how it looks sewn on.
 

I always use Fireline for my bead weaving and bead embroidery. It hardly ever tangles and when it does it is quite easy to get out any knots. It comes in crystal and smoke so use whichever color is closest to the color of your beads. They won’t show for the most part anyway. I suggest buying it from a fishing supply store rather than a bead shop just because it is less expensive. It is a little more costly than beading thread but as far as I am concerned the extra pennies are well worth it!


 
Now that you have an idea of what I iwll be doing, be sure and follow me at Divella Delights on my blog!

No comments: