Friday, September 27, 2013

Replacing a Misplaced Bead in your Peyote Stitch Pattern


Have you ever reached the end of your peyote beading and realized that you have a misplaced bead? Perhaps you have broken bead somehow. There is an invisible way to repair or replace beads in Peyote stitched work and I will show you how. Do you notice there is a bead of the wrong color in the piece below? There is a green bead where the pattern calls for a yellow bead. There is a green bead where the pattern calls for a yellow bead. It is right there in the middle toward the bottom. Do you see it? We are going to remove that green bead and replace it with a yellow bead.
For Larger Photos go to Divella Delights!!

Slide your needle through the bead to be certain you want to remove as shown.
Now, take your pliers and carefully break that bead and remove completely. I usually just poke it through with my needle after I break it.
Now with the bead completely removed weave your way over to the bead just in front of the empty space.
Pick up the correct bead in the pattern, in this case my yellow bead and go through the next 2 beads on the diagonal.
Turn and go through those beads again and the next bead on the diagonal going on the opposite direction form when you added the new bead.
Weave in your end. Now, tell me which bead I replaced!




No comments: