Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Spooked by Right Angle Weave?

One of my daughters sent me some Agates for Mother's Day to use in my designs, breathtaking isn't it?!

After I bead embroidered around the Agate Cabochon, the only thing left was to figure out the neck. I really liked the look of Cubic Right Angle Weave but I have never taught myself how to work it up.
I have resisted learning Cubic Right Angle Weave for so long and today I have to wonder why. The only thing I can figure out is that when I first saw it there must have been something that seemed so daunting. For those of you who learn better by seeing rather than reading, this video is for you, fabulous & free.
It took me all of 15 minutes to get this down and once you do it goes very quickly!

I bead daily for most of my day so #11 beads were not a problem. If you ever have trouble learning a new stitch try it with bigger beads until you are familiar with the stitch. It also helps if you use different color beads for each new row so you can really SEE where you are coming from and going.
Have fun!
I post lots of little tips and tricks on my website at Divella Delights and also offer free peyote stitch patterns from time to tine

No comments: