Tuesday, March 25, 2008

In need of marketing tips


This is another one of those beautiful shells made by Generations Lampwork at http://www.generationslampwork.etsy.com. The remainder of the bracelet is made with pearls, Avenurtine, green Quartz, gold, and Swarovski crystals. This is my signature design and one that I have been quite successful with. The local jewelry store sells them like crazy and has been steady with the sales since I began my account with them last October but I need a few more stores like this one. I enjoy making these although each piece takes me about an hour and a half. I love to do one of a kind items. The jewelry store marketing is a little difficult as they seem to want to have items that can be reordered. I can't or I guess won't make copies. I can use the same gems and other materials but each one comes out different, even if I try. As a result I have not found my niche but will keep trying. I enjoy the process very much and I think that is the important thing. A small sample of my desings can be seen at http://www.divelladelights.etsy.com. I welcome any tips anyone has for marketing!! Please comment.

No comments: