Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Crocheted Hats






















The Flapper hats were very popular in the 1920s when women’s style were at their peak. Feminine and sexy, sophisticated and demure all at the same time.I have tried to come up with a suitable replica in the crochet and knit mediums. The felted hats of course come the closest but I do love the open weave of the crochet variety I make. They look great with both the long and short hair styles of this anything goes style era we are in currently.This new series of hat are fashioned after the vintage Flapper Hats except that they are hand-crocheted. I use a variety of yarn fibers and I have a lot of fun with the flowers. I tried to use patterns for the flowers but always seemed to go astray so now I just start with a chain 4, join to form a ring and go off form there. I figure they must resemble something found in nature somewhere in the world J !
I hope you enjoy these as much as I enjoy making them. Stop by http://www.divelladelights.com/ and see all the new flapper hats!

No comments: