Friday, March 13, 2009

Thinking of Wine


It’s funny how art seems to take direction all by itself. I began this, a free-from peyote bracelet as a special order for someone who wanted a free form in purples. When I realized I did not have an appropriate center bead I had to make one. I was going along trying to get this finished before I leave on my trip when I realized it began looking like grapes to me. Now, perhaps that is because I want a glass of wine, I don’t know. I’ll have one but not until I have finished with the clasp portion. Anyway, like the vase I did recently I had no real plan. I picked out the beads I wanted to use and went from there. I had a couple of leaves left over from the vase and decided to put them on. Then I went back and added a couple of grape clusters since it already appeared to have taken on that theme. Presto! I am waiting for final approval before I make this to her requested length. If she likes wine I think I am in! Happy Friday!

No comments: