Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Give Thanks

My mother was an amazing woman. I began to tell you more about her but there is so much to say that I could not figure out where to begin.
In her early 50’s she was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer’s and even through to the end she exhibited true and amazing grace. They told us she would get violent, she never did. They told us she would become fitful, she never did. They told us her personality would change, it never did. She never did any of the things they told us and never changed from the gentle, compassionate woman we knew. She slipped away quietly a little at a time for several years until one day she was gone.
In honor of this remarkable woman Divella Delights will donate 5% of all sales to http://www.alz.org/index.asp
Another charity dear to me is the Fisher House. My daughter is active duty in the US Navy and she graduated Boot Camp just last year. I hope and pray we will never require the services of this foundation but there are many that do each and every day. In honor of her service and all who serve Divella Delights will also donate 5% of all sales to http://www.fisherhouse.org
Thanks to all for your ongoing support.
I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving and remind you to give thanks to someone in uniform today and at every opportunity.

No comments: