Wednesday, October 29, 2008

FLAPPER HATS








This new series of hat are fashioned after the vintage Flapper Hats except that they are hand-crocheted. I use a variety of yarn fibers and I have a lot of fun with the flowers. I tried to use patterns for the flowers but always seemed to go astray so now I just start with a chain 4, join to form a ring and go off form there. I figure they must resemble something found in nature somewhere in the world J !
The Flapper hats were very popular in the 1920s when women’s style were at their peak. Feminine and sexy, sophisticated and demure all at the same time.
I have tried to come up with a suitable replica in the crochet and knit mediums. The felted hats of course come the closest but I do love the opne weave of the crochet variety I make. They look great with both the long and short hair styles of this anythign goes style era we are in currently.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I enjoy making them. Stop by www.divelladelights.com and see all the new flapper hats!

No comments: