Friday, February 27, 2009

The Vase Continues

Not much progress has been made for the last couple of days due to my back and hip being out of whack. That will surely change now that my husband bought me a wonderful new drafting chair to work on. When I sat on it I wanted to roll it home! We re- organized my studio so the computer is on a table the same height as my work table so I can get rid of that old metal folding chair and use this new one at the computer as well.
The vase is certainly a challenge for me but lots of fun at the same time. I have learned a lot doing this one and there is a part of me that wants to take it all apart and start over. The fact that I have found these vases fairly cheap may prevent that but the part of me that is OCD says otherwise. I find myself looking around at other items I can bead over so I certain this is an addiction. Think there is a 12 step program for beaders? I may need it soon.
I had someone ask why I did not bead the top, here is why: the vase begins at the smallest part and when I am finished beading down and get the bottom finished I will then go back to the top and finish it up over the lip.
Well, I am going to roll on over to my work table and get to it...more tomorrow!

No comments: