Tuesday, July 22, 2008

PEYOTE STITCH JEWELRY





Free Form peyote is a blast! The brown bracelet I worked up first and had so much fun with it I asked my daughter who was visiting to pick out 3 colors of my size 8 beads and the pink and aqua bracelet one came out of that. We went shopping later that day to find her a dress for an early afternoon wedding she was going to so I made her a necklace and earrings to match. The length on the bracelets are a bit tricky, if you make one be sure you don't make it too big...much easier to make it longer then to shorten! They are not really all that difficult, but do take a fair amount of time. Just begin with 2 or 3 rows of regular peyote stitch and then go wild. I have seen tutorials that suggest you make it 1/2 inch larger than your wrist but I would not recommend it. That is what I did with the brown one and it turned out 1/2 inch to large...go figure. On the clasp, these are the first ones I have made this way (on the bracelets) and I have some adjustments to make to them but I like the continuity using the beaded toggle. I think this would be a great project to dive into if one has a artist block. It gets the creative juices flowing.

No comments: