Saturday, July 5, 2008

Tournalinated Quartz Earrings



This pair of earrings is exquisite and just the thing for that little black dress. Made of faceted Toumalinated Quartz and Sterling, these are simple and elegant. Each earrings is hand wrapped with 8 inches sterling silver and placed on handmade sterling ear wires. As with all my jewelry this will come in a gift box suitable for gift giving.
Tourmalinated Quartz a is Milky white quartz with striking black needle-like inclusions of black tourmaline. Classic combination of colors, direct from nature.
I am going back into the work force after having 9 months off and no, I did not have a baby, but I did get married in that time! I was working 40 hours a week then spending long nights in my studio developing my passion. It got to be a little much so I decided to take a chance and see if I could actually survive on making jewelry if I had the proper time to devote to all the business aspects such as marketing. Although I am doing OK with a few wholesale accounts, I find it necessary in this economy to return to the desk at least part time. The marketing is the hard part. I have to confess that I am not very good at "talking myself up". So back to the grind. If any of you have ideas, suggestions or helpful hints on how to sell my wares, I would appreciate the feedback!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We find that creating jewelry is much more fun than photographing and trying to write descriptions of our work. Several family members are involved in our site. Our work can be seen on our site.