Tuesday, July 29, 2008

ART IN MAINE

I live and work in Maine and I love it here. In an effort to help out fellow Artisans and Crafters from Maine I am going to be featuring all kinds of local work; knit, crochet, paintings, pottery, lighting, clothing, just to name a few. Check back often or better yet just subscribe to the blog. There is a lot of wonderful talent here in Maine and my goal is to show you as much as I can in the upcoming months. Buy handmade!!! Many Artisans accept custom orders and they are very reasonable. Wouldn't you rather give a beautiful, quality handmade item than something mass produced? I will even feature patterns if you have the time and energy to make gifts yourself. I am going back to a desk job full time in an attempt to keep my bills paid so I may not be writing every day although I will certainly try. I was hoping to take a full year off but with the economy today I am not selling quite enough jewelry to live on. I am sure that is true of some of my fellow artisans so I hope this will help us all!

No comments: